A bowl of breath mints may be required after eating this creamy garlic Parmesan mac and cheese recipe. But you probably won’t hear any complaints.
This easy macaroni and cheese recipe is super creamy and uses three kinds of cheese: cheddar, Parmesan and mozzarella. The garlic adds a deliciousness that only garlic can.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- For the topping, melt the 2 tablespoons butter in an ovenproof skillet. Add the panko and cook, stirring, until golden. Set aside.
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter in the skillet. Add the garlic and cook about 1 minute. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine. Slowly whisk in all but 1/2 cup of the milk. Bring to a boil and cook until it thickens up. Add the cornstarch to the remaining milk and stir to combine. Pour into the milk mixture. Add the chicken bouillon granules and season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cheddar, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan and the mozzarella. Stir until well blended. Add the pasta. Mix well.
- Top with the panko crumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.